From: "Joe Fulton" <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:07:59 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [AMC-list] My Luck Ran Out

Well I've had a good run.  For almost nine years I have had several AMCs stored in my back yard here in town in fairly flagrant violation of a city ordinance regarding unlicensed cars on the property. I did spend about $3000 on a privacy fence when I bought this house, so I think that helped me get by this long.

While I was out of town this week I got a violation notice. I have to move the cars ASAP, but will hopefully be able to start a discussion with the city about extending my deadline.  I will move some of the cars to paid storage and at least one other car will be sold and I'd like to give at least one car away to an AMC hobbyist who will promise not to part it out.

The freebie is the car I was planning to put on the road soon.

64 Classic 4-door with 232 (transplanted into the car by a previous owner) 3-speed with overdrive.  It needs some clutch linkage work or a clutch and could stand to be painted.  It ran when I got it, but sometimes the valve train wasn't getting oil.  I suspect there is blockage in the oil gallery leading to the rocker shaft.

Free to an AMC hobbyist in central CA.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA