[AMC-list] Carb Help...

It's been great to see all the possibilities for stalling/stopping Eagles and Concords lately.  I have kep them all on file.  My 80 Concord wagon has been doing the same.  BUT at this point, I rebuilt the Carter carb.

I have rebuilt some carbs over the years and understand the basics.  Upon my rebuilds I am careful to not change anything (intentionally) and then have not had the need for all thouse adjustments.  Anyway, upon putting everything back in place and getting it to start once, then die.  I ventured into the front vacuum area right behind the fuel inlet, and have had it apart to replace the barrier.  So all back together and now I am not getting fuel in at all.  It appears that the inlet valve must be seating and keeping the bowls dry.  I have had it apart a couple times and all looks well!

Anyone have a comment/suggestion or two to help me get back on the road?  I am starting to think it is somesort of revenge for all the bragging I have been doing since it is going on 5 years and a daily driver and no major problems.  I don't need to prove my love for it, it's an AMC and I am one of the "nuts" keepin it goin.  THANKS!

Blessings,
Richard
Richard Estermyer