Re: [AMC-list] whalloped by flooding.....round 2

Re: [AMC-list] whalloped by flooding.....round 2

Wow Eddie, sorry to hear that. I can feel some of your pain. Last month a pipe broke wide open and ran for hours unhindered. Filled my house with 2-3 inches of water. All the carpet, tiles, vinyl, bathroom vanities, and some drywall went bye bye. We spent almost 3 weeks in a hotel with the kids while we took care of repairs. We're still repairing, but back in the house and doing much better.
I tried to dry the place out myself much as you describe, but had to call in help after two days. Like our place,  you may have to cut away at the baseboard areas to get inside the wall dried out before mold gets going. Best of luck, wish I was closer to lend a hand, but if I were closer, I might be flooded out again too. :P
About the only things that didn't get wet here were the two cats and the two 304's I have in the attached garage.
Troy