[AMC-list] Restoration Not Preservation (Post Test)

[AMC-list] Restoration Not Preservation (Post Test)

I couldn't catch a break on the windshield rust leak issue on my Matador. The damage under the old vinyl roof was very extensive and the original windshield could not be saved. 325$ for a new replacement windshield and the rest labor totaling 690$. This included rust repair on the front half of the roof. Money is tight as my daughter lost her job which means my wife lost her 1000$ a month 5 day a week live in baby sitter job watching the grandchildren.
I have been selling off some of my vast 40+ year built model collection for the last year. I just struck a second deal to sell a few more to a second guy. This will net me 200$ the first of the month. That and what little spare cash I have will go into fixing the rest of the roof and the rear window leak to help slow down the rust in the rear of the trunk and quarters. The idea of a spray on truck bed liner to simulate a vinyl roof or go with the rear thing is up in the air once I check the prices for both The leaks and rust in the roof were a priority. Now making the roof look presentable after the old vinyl top has been removed is next. I want the car to not look like a junker as it did with the old vinyl top flapping in the breeze as I was driving down the road was not acceptable. Anyone interested in clean built model car contact me. They go for 15$ a piece plus shipping. I got muscle cars street rods and you name it. But NO AMC's Stude's or Mopar's. Thanks
"Doc"