[AMC-list] more flooding/aargh

Ya'll probably saw some of the flooding Houston was hit with yesterday Saturday April 18th. Some areas got it worse than we did, but we still got 5-6 inches here in this area, however just south of us, and some places west and southeast got a whopping 9-10 inches of rain. When you flush toiltes in Oklahoma Houston floods, so even 3-4 inches of rain can shut city down, especially freeways and roads until it all drains off. Sadly, 5 kids in a car went into a ditch when dumbazz drunk father on cell phone slid into a bayou here.

We got water in garage again and behind us, a number of homes took water into their houses themselves, we didn't get that, even though on corner. But now they are pulling up carpets and stuff out of garages and tossing it near street. I spent the day cleaning but amazingly it was sunny, beautiful today, about 78 degrees, and water is still draining off though but was able to dry out my garage and even plant grass. Not that kind, but carpet grass type.

The best part is now crawfish are going to come out in swarms so good eating. The bad part is in 2 weeks we will have mosquitos the size of Pacer passenger side doors. Another good thing is the kids had fun and tons of frogs.

And on top of all this, while we and surrouding areas were getting pounded, I bought another car last week and the guy actually brought it down in heavy rain from brenham, about 50-60 miles NW of Houston up 290, so had to pick it up at Wal Mart between rain, but it's a 88 Eagle, original owner, and garage kept condition, and easily handled the flooding as I plowed thru high water off Brittmoore and I-10, so not total loss of day.

Here are some more 'flooding photos' off a hidden file on my website:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/wycliffe.4.09.1.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/wycliffe.4.09.2.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/wycliffe.4.09.3.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/wycliffe.4.09.4.jpg