[AMC-list] AMC-LIST IS BACK UP AND RUNNING!

[AMC-list] AMC-LIST IS BACK UP AND RUNNING!

The list has been down (inoperative) since early this week. There was of
course no way to tell you...

It was a comedy of errors; out of town over the weekend, I received notice
that I had to move the server the list resides on ASAP. Two days later, the
mailing list software decided to stop delivering posts, and it screwed up
the archives (installed crap in them).

The AMC-list was hosted on a machine of mine. This was a fine solution, 5
years ago, when commercial webhosting was expensive (and I owned machines on
the net, free). Everything's changed now. The AMC-list is now hosted on a
very reputable commercial hosting service, www.dreamhost.com, and a friend
of mine, who does this for a living, is maintaining the (now virtual!)
server for a nominal fee.

Dreamhost is in the business of hosting servers on the net. While we can
certainly screw things up still, basic stuff like server problems should not
happen again.

Your original settings (email vs. digest or held so you can read the
AMC-list at AMCyclopedia.org) should be preserved.

There will likely be small problems here and there; write to
amc-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you have technical problems with email.