Re: [Amc-list] TODAY'S AMC PIE-IN-SKY AWARD: $750.00 Starting Bid...

Re: [Amc-list] TODAY'S AMC PIE-IN-SKY AWARD: $750.00 Starting Bid...

Well... is it a two door? Probably a four. What I really want to do is
build a 57 Rebel clone and install an early 70s Bosch EFI system on it.
The system is basically an improved Electrojector system. Bendix sold
rights to the system (or the entire system, not sure which) to Bosch in
the late 50s. When transistors came along around 63 everything was in
place to make it work better. Bosch changed the electronic ins the
computer to transistor technology and changed some of the sensors. I
know they added a ninth injector to the intake for a "choke" (called the
cold start injector), which eliminated the cold weather problems. They
also added an ambient temp sensor to activate the extra injector. Don't
know exactly what the hot temp problem was, something to do with the
tubes in the controller getting too hot, maybe? The controller had to be
mounted in the cabin, I don't think they'd have mounted it under the
hood! The Bendix system had minimal sensors, it may be that just adding
a couple more sensors do the trick... plus the faster and more reliable
transistors. Of course a 1957 Ambassador could have been outfitted with
an Electrojector system for testing purposes, and may have been a
reality had the system worked better. Would be a good "phantom" car
project, which frankly, the "Electrojector II" Rebel would be also...
maybe I really need a 58... --------- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:16:37
-0400 From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Amc-list]
TODAY'S AMC PIE-IN-SKY AWARD: $750.00 Starting Bid... To:
amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID:
<5.1.0.14.1.20090403151509.0260e728@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> said:

> >Now if Marc will find me a 56 or 57 Rambler four door within 4-5 hours of Columbia, SC (close enough to go get in a day) I'll be happy! I'd probably give $750 for one of those in the same shape as that Rebel if close enough.

Why not go for the big banana and get the 57 Ambassador that's been languishing at French's Auto Parts in New Market, VA since at least 2002?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"