From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "AMC/Rambler owners,drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2009 2:56:47 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Aftermarket Dash Pad Mods

crap, insomnia again tonite...........

Brien,

That's a great idea about using a heat gun to reshape the pad in the glove
box door interference area.
I have used heat guns to straighten plastic dash components.
The only drawback I have experienced using heat guns is that I haven't found
a easy way of determining what temperature
the plastic is reaching, (probably should invest in a digital temp sensing
instrument) and I've found that overheating plastics occurs very rapidly.
The other thought I had in the same thought line is to use a heat blanket
like electricians use to warm PVC conduit to shape it
into gentle bends for wire to be pulled through.
I haven't asked any of my electrician friends to use their blankets to
experiment with so I don't know if that will work too.

Thanks for the advice,

Armand