[Amc-list] Will this distributor work?

 A friend posted this on GremlinX.com. Any info you can give him would be great.

I have a friend that has a ramabler wagon that has the 193 or 196 inline 6 motor. I have a GM inline 6 HEI distributor that he is wanting but will it work on his old style 6 cylinder? I thought the blocks were all the same just a little bit different bore and stroke. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben