[Amc-list] Stolen '69 AMX

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:40:42 -0600
From: Ken Ames <>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Stolen '69 AMX
To: hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "AMC/Rambler owners,	drivers and fans."
	<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like they needed parts for their own restoration.
Ken
Quoting Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The consensus of opinion is that Ken is right. The majority opinion
is some one knew some one  put an order in for AMC parts to fix there
car cheap ,with professional thieves . Other wise if you did not have
some one standing there wanting part why would you steal it , not
like it's a small block Chevy or Mustang parts. Most likely an early
Javelin (68 to 70) , may be a latter 71 to 74 car. The thieves left
pretty much all the specific AMX parts like grill and the AMX hood
and front hood trim, every thing except the AMX badge on the grill
and took largely the parts that would fit on an early or late
Javelin. They cut the wringing harness , the fuel injection harness ,
took the radio and rear speaker, but pretty much outside of the radio
and rear speaker left the interior alone , except for the sun visors
and rear view mirror and the left side header trim.The hood , the
grill, rear window louvers, and quarter panels they left on the car,
a lot of high dollar items on the car. They could be taking my 69 AMX
some where else to fix another car and done more damage but when they
lost the car on a major Vegas intersection while towing it with a
chain some where they just left it , which more then likely means
they had most of what they wanted any way and were taking it some
place to dump it. Unfortunately when they dump a car near Vegas it's
usually set on fire and more often then not has a dead body in it
too!  I have people checking Craig's list and ebay for any thing that
looks like parts off my car , a good number of which are fairly
unique and so far nothing shown up on either in the Las Vegas area.
If some one was selling a bunch of new parts on ebay or Craig's list
more then likely some one would question it and the Police seem to
check ebay and Craig's list too. WE think that a car is being fixed
and will be sold with a large number of my 69 AMX's stolen parts and
then sold and show up 3 or 4 owners down the road in a few years at a
AMC meet some where. The betting is it gets sold to the east coast
some where at some point and then show up. I finally got the remains
off my trailer and into a storage unit today,  where I start to
gather parts to redo the car again, but I'm still waiting to hear
from the insurance company on a settlement. So , keep an eye out for
the stuff. thanks, LRDaum