[Amc-list] Subject: 1955 hudson hornet

Frank,
Is correct unfortunately AMC did not keep as complete a break down
records as we would have liked.
What you got was the best available that we know of. There is a small
group in the Hudson club (HET) that deals with the
Hashs. The group is headed by Charlie Nau , 8605 Pleasant Drive,
Missoula , MT (406) 721-4383 or email
cnau@xxxxxxxxxxx . There are only about 50 or 60 Hashs in the HET
club and Charlie Nau owns 7 or 8 of them and heads
the small group of people similar to the Marlin group in the AMC
Universe that deal with the Kenosha built Hudsons. I don't know him
personally other then by reading his month column in the Hudson
newsletter, White Triangle News. It's not that the Hudson people
don't like the Kenosha built Hudsons. It's just few were built and
fewer survived . LRDaum

*********************************************************************************************************************
There are no production break-downs by option. There were 1554 Hollywood
Hardtops and 5357 four-door sedans made. All Custom models got the
continental spare. The figures in "The Standard Catalog of American
Motors" doesn't break down four-door production between the standard and
Custom series. The continental spare was an option on the standard
though. "Twin-H" was optional on all.

You may not have any luck with the Hudson club. I'm not positive, but
they may actually refer you to the Nash club. I think they stop at 1954,
and some disdain the "Hash" cars of 55-57 (Hudsons built on Nash
bodies). Those did continue using the Hudson six instead of Nash engines
(except the 56-57 V-8, and 55-56 used Packard V-8s -- the AMC/Nash V-8
was introduced in late 56 and only used in the Ambassador Special and
Hornet Special, which was the lighter/shorter two door Statesman/Wasp
body with Ambo/Hornet trim). The dash, grilles, suspension tune and trim
were unique to the Hudson models, but the main body shell was obviously
Nash, and they were so different from the last Hudsons that many Hudson
aficionados refuse to recognize them. Handling of the old Hudsons is
vastly superior, it would be almost like going from a sports car to a
family sedan.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"