[AMC-list] Correction on Spirit/Concord/Gremlin relationship

[AMC-list] Correction on Spirit/Concord/Gremlin relationship

Basically, the Gremlin became the Spirit and the Hornet become the Concord.  If you look at the wheelbases and floor pans you will see the similarities.

There were slight changes made to the floorpans to accomodate the Eagle's T/C, front diff and driveshaft.

The Gremlin was the Gremlin until 1978.  In 1979 it was replaced by the Spirit which was available in 2 body styles, the liftback (hatchback and the base for the 79-80 AMX package) and... get ready for this... the Spirit Sedan (Gremlin style).  Name never set real well with me either.

You are right, the SX4 was the hatchback version of the Eagle and the Kammback was the "Gremlin" version of the Eagle.

In case you're wondering; I have 3 Spirit AMX's, 2 SX4's and 2 Kammbacks!   Yeah, I am going to have to thin the herd... probably selling the SX4's and maybe even one Kammback.  Gotta get my son's AMX ready as he just turned 15!

E ya

Jesse
Near Springfield, MO