Re: [AMC-list] cash for clunkers, some actual Rambler content, keep read

Re: [AMC-list] cash for clunkers, some actual Rambler content, keep reading.

I am sitting here wondering.
What does anything really cost in the way of pollution and oil?
Take something as simple as the roof over our heads.
Shingles, oil based, fiberglass, graveled etc, Takes lots of resources to produce.
Steel/metal roofing, must be dug/recycled rolled out, finished etc, see above.

Same with new cars, lots of chemicals and metals.
How does anyone really know what doing or not doing anything really means to the environment?

Sure you can dig and find "studies", dig deeper and you will likely find the manufacturer of one of the items you are researching paid for the "study".

Reminds me of the reply my wife's 86 year old uncle used when asked how he was doing,
"circling the drain"...

Does anything one of us little people do make that much difference?
Collectively maybe, but that always infriges on "SOMEONES" rights....

Circling the drain, hmmmm, catchy phrase huh...

Rambler content, I have to go home, uncover the conv and see if I actually saved the heater box assembly as a guy in central Mexico needs it. It seems that even though in the high altitude area of central Mexico it gets very cold, AMC did not put heaters into the cars!  So while his car had A/C, the box is damaged and he just wants to install a nonA/C heaterbox and be done with it.

I wonder if he can score a few of those cool stamped heater block of plates and send them up?  Hmmmmmm

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.