-----------
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 00:00:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

secondarily, it's also anti-ecological.  the federal epa did a study
in the '90s that determined that the greenest thing you can do with an
old car is keep it on the road.  there's a tremendous hidden cost, in
both energy and pollution, in manufacture and disposal of a car.
before that, the ca epa did a state study and concluded that all old
cars and trucks - in a state where cars last a looong time - emitted
less pollution than only the newer cars that failed state inspection.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts