Re: [AMC-list] Cash 4 Clunkers

> Since the customer has to have had the car registered for at least one year
> and it has  to be newer than an 84 model, I don't see it as that big a deal on
> older cars...Unless of  course you collect the mid 80's cars and up...
> (Does anybody really do that??)

I think this should be on a sliding scale...  the car must be newer than 20 years, 25? Though we scoff at some thing like a 1986 Taurus today, many years from now your kids or grand kids might really be into that. I know in 1989, I would have looked at a 1969 Cutlass and said "what a hunk of junk". Fast forward 20 years and it's "wow, what a cool survivor. Some one needs to restore that". Recently I was watching an episode of Adam-12 from the early 70's. One character had a 1960-something AMC American and stated they were paying I think $35 a week in payments. The Cop said some thing like "$35 a week, the whole car's barely worth $35". Back in 1975 I probably would have agreed. Now we're on the look out for these old beauties. 1984 shouldn't be a hard cut off.

Troy