Re: [AMC-list] 75 J-10 central Coast

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Flexplate from the 2.0L should bolt up, but I can make things fit! ;)

that's good to know!

in one of my less sane moments over the weekend, i worked out how to
convert the vw 2.4L vw i6 to di.  it would take pistons from a 1.2L 3
and 2 heads cut and welded into one.  120hp, 200 ft-lbs?

" Right now we are looking for a Dodge big block bell to fit a T5 (may
" end up with a scatter bell and drill to fit)

i don't think you're likely to find any such animal...  unless it's
for a gm pattern and you can use a camaro/firebird t5, or at least the
case.

" Planning to use a beefed up 4x4 T5 from a J10 with a Nissan SD33T in
" an '80 J10 stepside (not mine! I want a 4.0L or 304 for economy
" instead of the 4 bbl 360/T18A 4speed)

the strongest t5 i know of isn't any 4x4 version but the ford svt
'7003z', once rated 330 ft-lbs but now 'only' 300 in the current
catalog, no stronger than '90-up production 5.0 t5s.  the drop was
about coincidental with mfg moving from warner to tremec.

fwiw the 'good' fms t5s are warner #1352-249 and -251.  i don't know
if current fms t5s carry the same p/n.

the nissan probably isn't much over 200 ft-lbs though, so maybe a wide
ratio t5 would be enough.  you could shotpeen and cryoprocess the
gears for additional toughness.

[just found specs: 101hp@3100, 175ft-lbs@2200, sae4 bell, weight 305kg]

idle thought: why wasn't there an 'sd37t'?  nissan developed the 4-cyl
up to an sd25...