Re: [AMC-list] 75 J-10 central Coast

Flexplate from the 2.0L should bolt up, but I can make things fit! ;) Right now we are looking for a Dodge big block bell to fit a T5 (may end up with a scatter bell and drill to fit) Planning to use a beefed up 4x4 T5 from a J10 with a Nissan SD33T in an '80 J10 stepside (not mine! I want a 4.0L or 304 for economy instead of the 4 bbl 360/T18A 4speed)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 75 J-10 central Coast
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" On the Audi 2.0L (also found in the last couple years of Gremlins)
" there is also the possible option of a Jetta diesel 1.9L used in the
" late '80s (sadly non-turbo) I just turned one down from a friend of
" mine for $1200 so she is fixing it up instead (new struts, carpet etc)
" and selling it for $2500.

that would be a prechamber engine, hp/torque 64@4200 and 92@2200 or
75@4200 and 111@2000 w/turbo.

what would you do for a flexplate?  do audi and vw have the same crank
bolt pattern?  i can believe the ring gear would be the same.

direct injection engines are widely reckoned to be some 20% more
efficient than indirect injection.  the vw 1.9tdi with rotary
injection pump is rated 90@3750 and 155@1900 or 110@4150 and 174@1900
with variable-nozzle turbo.  used afaik '95-'03 as i said below, in
the passat, golf, jetta, and new beetle; changed to common-rail
injection system in '04.

there's also a non-turbo 1.9sdi, 63-67@4000, 92-98@1600-2800.  i don't
think we saw it here.

the 2.5 v6 i mentioned was also used in the passat as well as audi a4,
a6, and a8, and does indeed have 229 ft-lbs in most versions.

got much of this from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_discontinued_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines
oddly the rotary-pump 1.9tdi appears on both lists!