Re: [AMC-list] Classic OD

"Make sure the vacuum hose is connected to the port on the side"
Well mine is on the side port but is there supposed to be anything on the front one?

Keith Evenson

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Matt Haas wrote:

Make sure the vacuum hose is connected to the port on the side and not on the bottom. You may also need to adjust the cable if it looks to have been messed with. There isn't much to go wrong with them and the work great when everything is working.

You may also want to do some searching at http://theamcforum.com/ forum. Diagnosing vacuum wipers has been discussed several times. Most of the discussions will be in the electrical section but a few are probably in the 6 cylinder section.

Matt

On 7/1/2009 11:05 AM, Wrambler spouted this sage advice:
Check all your vacuum hoses, more likely the motor needs cleaned and lubed, follow the link.
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/vacuum_wiper_motor.shtml
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5