Re: [AMC-list] t-tube 15 axle parts

took my time puttin the 4.11 twin grip rearend in. took about 2 1/2 hours to
do. i filled it about half full of 80/90 so i can put in some lsd additive
and top it off when i get to town. MAN, its nice to have it nice and quiet
again. and wow, with the 3.77 gear, id say the engine was barely adaquate for
that car. now, with the 4.11, it actually seems pretty peppy to how it was
before. still aint no sports car. lol. had my wife cruise in her mountaineer
infront of me and put her cruise on at 60 mph to see how off i am. tach said
i was spinnin about 2200-2300, and speedo said about 62-63 mph. so its pretty
close. just the shorter tires i run now vs the taller tires that were on the
4.11 axle. my car came with the shorter tires with the other axle. so, i read
just a little slow. so, if thats what my speedo is saying now, how fast was i
actually going when it said 60 mph with the 3.77 gear?? hmm, musta been
cruisin along. drives GREAT at 60 tho. maybe with the 4.11 i can have power
to pull my trailer?? about 1200 lbs. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules