Re: [AMC-list] almost OT: small trucks

I DID want cars like that, but have increasingly figured carpet is better. Black carpet doesn't show stains and cost is about the same for some cheap nylon loop and vinyl mats. The problem with the vinyl (not actually rubber) is that any moisture that gets under it in the jute padding stays there. I've got a Rambler in the back that the floors are pretty rough in (but not gone!) that the PO (who bought it for a parts car, but it's better than the one he was fixing!) took the carpet and padding out of before he parked it to save the floors. Good thing too, or they WOULD be gone now! My J-10 floors are pretty rough, stuck a piece of plywood under the floor mat (not the vinyl floor) on the passenger side for now. The other truck I'm fixing isn't as bad, it was parked under a barn shed for the last 10 or so years, but it's got a lot of rust under the floor too, where sand and water got under the vinyl. At least carpet will dry out!
-----------
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:19:50 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

As far as stripped down, how stripped do you want it? Go to the GM website for instance and look at the base level Chevy Colorado pickup. I believe it
will have rubber floor mats and will be all one color inside with vinyl
seats.  Think CalTrans truck.

Hell, I want my CARS like that!

--
Frank Swygert