Re: [AMC-list] d@mned holley carb anyway

ya frank, i was a little ticked off, as i hadnt touched the carb. i didnt even
take it off the intake plate i dont think. i drove it about 130 miles or so
today, and it all worked fine. i didnt have another float bowl gasket, so, i
used "the right stuff" and hoped that gas didnt disolve it like it does to
other gasket stuff. NO LEAKS!!! tomorrow, will attempt to go on a 200 mile
round trip (from home back to home) and HOPE that i have no problems still.
i LOVE carburetors. fuel injection is nice when your smart enough to know how
to tune it all. i aint. i just got a thing against holley carbs. i have had
many that were junk. linkage breaking, gaskets to leak, ect. i was going to
put on my 2bbl intake, and carter carb and see how that worked, then noticed,
the butterfly opens reverse of what my holley does. i would have had to change
the linkage and everything. i didnt feel like doing all that. so i tore the
holley apart and fixed it. i like the look of the carter. no gaskets to leak
fuel out it appears. never had one appart however. carbs are so much easier
and funner to tune and tinker with.

anyone have another 2bbl intake? i could build me one if i needed to. but i
would like to have another 2bbl carter carb and the linkages to put on
casper. i wanna keep the 2bbl stuff that came on the 440H with it. dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules