Re: [AMC-list] Gremlin floor boards

Hi all.  Haven't posted for awhile and my AMC projects have stalled some as I've been into other things and thinning parts and cars out, but I do have some input on this.

I believe Gremlins should be similar to my '69 Rambler.   No pans made, but I have a friend/co-worker that is into the 66-67 Cheby Novas.  My pans are generally good, but I have a bad spot on the drivers floor with a poor repair job from before I got it.  He brought in a replacement front pan for his Nova, I took it home and it dropped right in.

Makes me believe that you could probably buy a replacement pan for something like a Nova or Mustang and it would work.  Hard part is being able to go to a shop that would have them in stock so you could look at 'em.  With careful measuring I'd bet you could make a good choice.  It wouldn't be "concours correct", but basically, who cares if it fits and is a new pan.

Alternative is a good used pan (and I see on another post Joe has a Hornet pan), but those are getting harder to find.  I was going to do the Nova pan route.

Another problem is the unique checked headliner.  Mine, like most, basically fell apart when I attempted to take it out.  They do make - not quite the same, but close - replacement checked headliners for AMX.  I'd thought to get one of those, maybe even track down the manufacturer and see if I could get a big enough section, and use that.  Wouldn't be exact pattern, but again closer than anything else you'll find and it would be new.

YMMV,

Jim Boone
Mims, FL

PS I still have cars + parts I need to sell, email if you need something, I may have it. I'm trying to get down to my one car - the '69 Rambler (American) - and concentrate on that.  I have a '65 American and '72 Matador Wagon that needs to go.