Re: [AMC-list] my interior/was/casper done for now??

Re: [AMC-list] my interior/was/casper done for now??

Don't it jsut figure, I would be tearing mine apart when everyone else is finishing up!

I asked over on the forum.
Does anyone have a tried and true refinish for a shot faux vinyl on the console?

I think I asked here too, but no-one is answering.
I'm thinking perhaps bedliner and a satin black finish ro some of that faux granite spray like I used on my cluster surround.
Then topcoat with satin blace.
I intend to glass bead the metalwork and use the actual faux granite on it to match my dash.
The intent is to use my worst pieces in the American and save the nicer stuff for the vert as I would like to keep it more original in the trim dept.

I also need to locate my 440 dash pieces, I have the radio and glovebox trim pieces here to.
Since they are a little worn and torn missing studs etc, they will get the same faux grante treatment and installed with double sided tape. That way if I don't like the finished treatment it can be removed without damage to the steel.

if anyone thinks this sounds yucky they can see the current cluster here and decide for themselves.
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/Wrambler_242/1969%20wRambler/

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5