Re: [AMC-list] Clutch parts source for cars with T96?

Re: [AMC-list] Clutch parts source for cars with T96?

I got my ancient 8" clutch from these very knowledgable people:

http://nwtparts.com/

Don't forget to have the flywheel refaced. You'll regret not doing it! And
just toss the throw-out bearing, it's old, even if it's OK now. The pilot
bushing in the crank butt, leave it if the hole is round. It's under no
strain and does work only when the motor is running and you have the clutch
fully depressed. Clean it out reasonably and put a very small amount of
grease on it. The TSM probably has all this stuff.

If your clutch is 9" or is double-drilled for 9" or 10" you'll have little
trouble finding parts. With the age of the stuff we have, it's sometimes
impossible to tell what's in there until you get it out. This is one of
those times I'm afraid...

There's been a lot of "well it SHOULD have an X but it DOES have a Y..."
clutch and brake threads on this list. You WILL find the parts, so you might
drop the trans and see exactly what you have. YOu can match up new vs. old
on the spot. Splines, bolt pattern, etc.

If it's never been apart it's a nasty job. I spent the time to degrease and
paint everything; reassembly was a pleasure and I'm sure that service I get
(oil changes, etc) is much better when all that stuff is neat and clean on
the lift...

You'll want a plastic clutch disc alignment tool. I do it by eye and haven't
gone wrong yet, but it really SUCKS to be on you back with a 90 lb
transmission on you chest and it WONT GO INNA WHOLE! Then the bellhousing
has to come off, ...

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.