[AMC-list] News flash, old OId guy works on stuff! seat tracks found!

[AMC-list] News flash, old OId guy works on stuff! seat tracks found!

Well,
Old crippled guy actually worked on a vehicle today!
Not my Rambler...yet.
Just my Grand Cherokee, but it showed me what I think is a beautiful set of seat tracks to use in retrofitting!
I bought a power seat base for the passenger side of my 04 WJ.
Today my son and I swapped the base in.
i only had to take that damned seat in and out THREE times!
First time in, hit the controls and NOTHING, wah, wah waaaaaaa.
Check for power, which I originally assumed since the plug for a power seat was there and the fuse is shared that it would work!
Well, yeah the fuse is shared, but the connector was missing the wires for the power function, arg.
So I soldered the additional wires into the harness that fed the drivers seat. Then ran them under the console to the new passenger seat. Yeah! It then worked, well I thought it did.  After bolting it in, I realized the rear raise lower motor did not run! It ran but just grunted. Back out the seat came AGAIN! I used a pair of channel locks to apply pressure on the threaded shaft while bumping the switch and thankfully it popped loose and started working! just rusted and stuck.. So I lubed allt he threaded rods with synthetic and put the passenger seat in for the last time.  Now when we are travelling, the passenger can get just as comfy as the driver!

Now, back to the find.
The seat tracks on the 99-04 WJ look absolutely perfect for use in a 60's Rambler!
I will have detailed news sometime later this week. The tracks look exactly right. They have the correct horizontal bolt on the front and vertical on back. The tracks look to have the right height to place a seat up and not on the floor of the Ramblers to.
Last, the track have a cross bar for fore-aft adjustment that can be easily widened or shortend to fit almost any seat width!
 These things look like someone intended them to be used in our cars!

 My sons are going to start pulling the seats in my American this week so I can do carpet and sound deadener improvements.
I intend to test fit these tracks to my 95 Ranger buckets at this point to see if they do indeed work as I think they will. If soe I will be picking up another  power base for the drivers side and use my take out manual base on the passeneger side.  My Ranger seats have power bolsters for lumbar and thighs now, add the six way base :)

Best news for me is I am functioning! I did 75% of the work on the Jeep myself! My 16 year old helped me to!
I also have a few 8" Rampage tube subs I picked up from a going out of business sale at an electronics place for $15 a pop!
I bought 4!  I have placed one in the 97 XJ and the second one is now in the Back of my WJ. They add a nice tight bit of bass boost.  The last two are going to be parted out and the small amps and dual voice coil 8" subs will go into the front doors of the American :-O

So,
My to do list.
Remove seats and mat from Rambler.
Install new window sweeps.
Sound deaden inside 1/4s and floors.
Install, ROLL up windows in the 1/4s :)
Install New charcoal colored carpet.
Install new fangled shoudler belts.
New seat tracks, if time allows.
install 65 style console, if time allows.

The console and seat tracks may wait if I see that I will not be getting the car on the road in timely manner.

It sure do feel good to actually get work done.
4.9 million projects to go.....one at a time, one at a time!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.