[AMC-list] Wandered by the cruise-in today

[AMC-list] Wandered by the cruise-in today

I decided to take a quick detour for an hour (or so) today. The second
Saturday of the month there is a cruise-in at the local Wendies. My
oldest son and I made it about an hour and a half late - but we made
it. Found a place to park. Popped the hood open to show the fine oil
and such. Placed the Hemming's Rambler issue, a couple AMCRC editions
and an AMO edition on the fender - then wandered around. Was going to
put the TSM out for perusing, but my son thought we ought not - as we
actually need that (fairly often).

There was a LOT to see. There were definately different groups. A good
contingent of muscle cars of various makes and models. Some really
nice 50's and early sixties cruisers. Normally there are ratrods
there, I didn't notice any today/ A couple stock model A's. I noticed
a 63'ish Comet four door sedan leaving as we pulled in. I saw pics of
the car at the CHVA Georgia site - and had wanted to check that group
out - but they left before I could get over to them. I'm kind of a fan
of stock looking 60's sedans (and earlier).

Met a Peachstate AMO guy with a GREAT AMX. There was another AMX there
as well. Wandered over to say hello. Made it back home - minimal
leakage - just marking my territory. Car did fine. I have GOT to take
care of the touched up area by the taillight - that has got to go!

I am going to try to catch up with the CHVA guy at some point
(although folks in that group seem a generation or so older than me,
and I'm circling the old fart territory). Anyway - had fun. Next time
I MAY take a folding chair out and hang by the car to see if anyone
actually looks at it. Hmmmm, maybe not, lol.