Re: [AMC-list] Sealing an M-3X BW tranny

Re: [AMC-list] Sealing an M-3X BW tranny

You are right about that, but I had drained the fluid (except for the convertor) and changed the filter and the TSM said it would take 9 quarts total I think.  I put five quarts in (the car was not quite ready to run again) and checked it and found that it was overfull by a good amount.  Because of that, I found that the seals subject to leakage.  I don't know if the tranny has ever been rebuilt and those seals have to be somewhat degraded, so I'm kinda concerned about what kind of leakage I'll get when I begin driving the car.

Joe