Re: [AMC-list] 196 Thermostat necks

Look at some of the aftermarket Ford and Chevy V-8 t-stat necks. I used an aftermarket neck on a 196. Had to file the holes a bit for the bolts to go in, can't remember which way.
---------
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:17:57 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Phew! That's a relief (sweet smell, dry plugs)

The leaks in my 195.6OHV are because the thermostat neck is thoroughly
rotten and won't seal. Over the last few weeks I did the electrolytic rust
removal thing on a spare, it came out really great. I'll post pics "soon".

The wear
is bad enough I will have to put a bead of weld along the bottom and file it
flat.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts