[Amc-list] AMC auction in NC - yes, there's a Spring Flea there, too!

[Amc-list] AMC auction in NC - yes, there's a Spring Flea there, too!

 This is the NC version of Carlisle and Hershey, for those of you unfamiliar with it. Its on the inside of the Lowes Motor Speedway track just outside Concord, NC, and near Kannapolis, and while not quite as big as those other to PA venues, you'll be tired from walking all day! I've seen 95% of it most times Ive been there, but it'll still wear you out!

 The auction is NOT affiliated with this Flea, it's a separate entity, I believe, but put on here to draw more people (obviously, people attracted to old cars ). When Tim, my friend, said his car was in this auction, I looked it up, and it's same weekend as the Spring Flea, same place, but they don't advertise it either way, sad to say. Oh well. But if you're going to view AMCs, you can have a great day at the flea as well, no extra fee to get in, as they're on the same field, just if you want to bid, it's a $100 non-refundable fee. Never been to an auction with a non-refundable fee, but I don't have the cash ( or room to put one )to buy another car anyway, unless they start selling in the "fantasy" range of $500 for a mint AMC car. LOL. Not likely! So I'm going just to see the cars and the flea to look for AMC parts.

 Ken ( Ksoonian ), hope to see you there, I think Jay said you're coming. I believe we won't need lapel pins (too small), all we need to do is wear appropriate AMC t-shirts, hats, etc and we'll find each other, no problem. We'll all be around the AMC cars in the morning before the auction begins anyway! I will probably wear my black T with orange Gremlin outline on it, or the light blue Wal-mart " roll on like a rock star" Gremlin shirt. But I WILL wear something AMC! Maybe we can all get a group picture around 11-12 Friday morning in front of the cars. That'd be fun! Hope to see many of you there.

Jerry in Virginia
Gremlin GT
"new" '76 Hornet Sportabout driver