Re: [Amc-list] Early Sixties Column Shift Info?

Re: [Amc-list] Early Sixties Column Shift Info?

I wish I could help you, and I'm envious of that car... does it have ...
bench seats?!

(I admit that that is all stuff I would have HATED 20 years ago... now all
that 'old crap' is unique, I love it now, and by itself is a theft
deterrent! What import-scene kid would know where to begin?)

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a 64 Classic with column shift and overdrive I would like to drive
> this summer.  The shift linkage was dismantled and parts were lost before I
> got the car.
>
> Can someone look carefully at how the shift rods are connnected to the
> levers on the column shifter and describe the fasteners for me?  I have used
> wave washers and hairpins but I'm not sure this is correct.  The TSM does
> not show the fasteners and I don't have a 63/64 parts book.
>
> A picture or two would be great.   Joe Fulton, Salinas, CA

All your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.