Re: [Amc-list] Fw: window regulator stripped/suggestions?

Re: [Amc-list] Fw: window regulator stripped/suggestions?

I remember Dans post some years ago about installing zerts in the hinges. I did that on a Hornet I was doing at the time. Works real nice. Now every time I put pins in a hinge I put zerts too.
As far as the doors being slammed, I tell everyone who gets in any of my cars not to slam the doors. I put a sign on the window and the steering wheel of my car if it is being serviced which reads, in large bold type, "DO NOT SLAM THE DOOR".
My 70 AMX was being aligned and balanced once,and while sitting in the waiting area I heard the door slam. I ran into the bay, past the sign saying customers were to stay out, and I read the guy putting the car on the rack the riot act.
The window and door was OK but I asked the guy if he can read and also how would he like to pay for the repair job of fixing the window. Everyone was watching and I pointed out the three signs.
I also cancelled my service order, asked for my old tires to be put back on and I would go down to the road.
The manager came out, apologized profusely, and pointed out that he had a 69 AMX at one time. He understood my point and said he would take his other guy off a job to do my AMX. He gave the alignment and balance on the house along with a 24 point safety inspection coupon.
After a cup of coffee and a Crispy Cream (highly overrated donuts, by the way) I settled down.
The point is, no one slams my door. Period......Russ