[Amc-list] 1970 Javelin/AMX crash pad

Hello fellow AMC fans....

If you've purchased a repop crash pad for the 1970 Javelin or AMX please
contact me either on list or off list.
I have an issue with the crash pad I received from Kennedy American about a
year or more ago. I am
assuming that the same guy is making these pads for all the AMC parts
suppliers that are selling it.
Last spring when I finally got it installed, it interfered with the opening
and closing of the glovebox door.
It touches the door in the upper right hand corner and requires a good pull
or a screwdriver to get a hold of the door
and pull it past the crash pad where it then falls open easily.
It's taken me this long to decide what to do, because I will be removing the
dash this spring to install factory air
from the green Javelin into the White Javelin.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how did you fix it??
Or did I install mine wrong and need to redo  it so it fits correctly.

HELP!

Armand