-----------
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:13:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>

Frank; I disagree that the late model six won't fit into the breadbox Rambler. I have seen those years, and the earlier bathtubs, with AMC sixes, V8s, generic GMs, and on and on.
The latest abortion featured in a magazine was a Ferrari engine-tranny combo in a bath tub American wagon.
A real popular swap is a complete GM S-10 frame and engine-tranny swap into an early American, man you gotta be really into that combo for all the work involved. But there is one running around here that is really nice. He even airbrushed the side trim on the car. Looks nice but it is a garage queen.
Now the question remains; how determined are you and how much dough do you wanna toss at it.
The 64 is easy, comparably, and I think I pointed that out. I just used the existing 83 Xmembers and treated it like a 65. I used an electric fan to get away with that prob.
But to say it can't be done, come on!! I have seen Hemis in Fiats and 500 Caddys in Chevetts. If he is serious then he needs to take a serious look at the car, do some measuring and peek at his wallet. Then decide

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"