Re: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body...(83 Spirit running

Re: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body...(83 Spirit running gear into a 1963 Breadbox); Gracie Starter update

Sorry to break the news, but it's almost the worst-possible engine to fit in
there. The "new" AMC six is amongst the LONGEST passenger car sixes made. I
measured -- you need an additional 10" of room lengthwise, and almost as
much sideways. Absolutely will not fit without removing the firewall and
recreating part fo the dash, even. The carb will sit about where the driver
sside spring is!

The 195.6 is a super short and narrow motor. It would be easier to fit a V8
since it's so short. I saw one with a v6 here in LA and event hat required
chopping the inner fenders.

All your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.