Re: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body...(83 Spirit running

Re: [Amc-list] Late engine/trans into earlier body...(83 Spirit running gear into a 1963 Breadbox); Gracie Starter update

JJ; I did this sort of swap into a 64 Waggie. Though not as tight confines as the 63 and earlier, some of the same probs arose.
I just used the 83s Xmembers and pulled the 196, dropped the 258/5spd and tucked it in around the edges. I dropped a MSD ign (dist, hot coil and 6a box) into the engine and am running a 1968 Chryco 318 BBD carb.
I had the 83 rear end narrowed to fit the American. I put the 64 wiring diagram next to the 83 and figured what goes where as far as the starter.
     Your biggest concern will be Xmembers and tight quarters, I think. Get a 72 and later Hornet set up for the two xmembers and trial fit, it shouldn't be too hard. I think you will need some creative cutting there, but not hard......Russ