From: "d stohler" <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 11:52:26 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Amc-list] aluminum 196

not sure why the earlier post only came as "a", but anyway. ran out and got pics to compare. i see no way possible that the cast iron head could fit an aluminum block. there is much more than just the right side being wider. the entire water jacket all the way around the block is wider. maybe to help disipate that cylinder heat away from the aluminum? and also, all the cylinders are joined together by a chunk of cast iron between the pairs. they are as pairs as in the cast iron, but they have a nice thick chunk joining #2-3, #4-5 also. so they are all 6 joined together. i am quite facinated by this little block, and the things they did with their limited technology then. i REALLY hope to save this motor just because of how rare, and different it is.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules