Re: [Amc-list] Javelin Wiring Harness

I don't know which of those is the best deal (painless, etc) but I can
tell you that they are all good deals over doing it yourself! I wired
my Hornet from scratch. It's totally fine, but no way I'd do that
again -- the new stuff is so superior! Modern connectors, great
fuseblock. The Hornet has like 5 odd circuits; the new stuff gives you
a dozen or more, and you can trivially make any of them switched or
unswitched. No weird splices in the middle, and it comes with a good
manual to mark your changes in.

Mark Rippe used one on his 63 Classic wagon, said it went just fine.
The wires actually have the signal name down the entire length! Beats
the pants off hunting out wires in a greasy brittle harness!

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM, tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx <tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was considering replacing the entire harness in my project. The dash and engine bay have been hacked pretty good over the years. I could repair it all, plenty of that type experience. But then I'd still be left with a repaired, 40 year old, under rated, possibly brittle wiring harness.
> http://www.painlessperformance.com gets good ratings on wiring products and some one on one of the forums said they used one on an AMX I think. But I've been to their site and a couple of their online dealers without being able to find harness specifically for AMC's. The closest match is for Mopar muscle cars. I've fired off an email to ask them, but does any one know which harness in their inventory fits a Jav? Or maybe there are other good suggestions for another harness?
> Troy

All your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.