------------
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:17:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>

Today I picked up a "258" while on my trip in Wichita.? The guy has a 5 spd, 89 Wrangler YJ and he is putting in a Chv 350.?
?
I met up with him and took delivery of the engine and a 231 Transfer case, but something is weird with this engine.?
?
It has a valve cover like a 4.0.
?
It has a flywheel with tone ring
?
It is carburated, with an "Electronic Carter".
?
It has V belts on the front accessories.?
?
So, my first thought is, a 258 with 4.0 head, covnverted to carb... but why the flywheel with tone ring??
?
Next thought is 4.0 converted to carb... but why the v belt pulleys... didn't look like anyone ever changed the Wtr Pump.?
?
Tomorrow I am taking to a pressure washer to clean.? My only real concern, will the clutch set that I have for the 258 in my J10 T5 work with this tone ringed flywheel?? The guy says the clutch set on there is pretty good, however, I don't want to put this back together with a used clutch.?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"