Re: [Amc-list] What I-6 Did I buy?

Jesse,
The 1989 YJ was offered with either a fuel injected 2.5L or the
carbureted 258.  By 1989, the XJ was already in production with the
4.0L fuel injected engine, so it is possible that AMC/Jeep/Mopar
consolidated flywheels to the one with the tone ring, even though the
258 didn't need it.

FelPro lists gasket applications for both plastic and aluminum valve
covers on the 1989 Wrangler, so is it possible that Jeep swapped over
to the aluminum cover on 258s after so many problems with the plastic
cover that was introduced in 1981.

--Glen