Re: [Amc-list] Fw: big bearing spindles

" From: Robert Cobb         RCobb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Eddie,
"
" I am looking for the "big bearing" spindle that I believe was on the
" frog eye Matadors and maybe some other AMC big cars.  These will be
" used on my 71 Penske clone car if I can find them.  I am trying to
" avoid going to aftermarket fabricated spindles.  Any help would be
" appreciated.

they were used on all cars '75-8.  big bendix calipers were used on
large cars the whole time and across the board '75-6, small bendix
calipers '77-'81, with small bearing rotors '79-on.

what are you doing for brakes?  if you're running 15" wheels mopar has
a fairly common rotor that shares the 'big bearing' bearings and may
fit.  you'd have to fab a caliper bracket.