[Amc-list] MY Concord question now is...

[Amc-list] MY Concord question now is...

We're getting opinions is just that and that is all I needed.  Being out of work for a year there is very little to use, so my only options seems to be, financially, to rebuild the 6cyl that had the bad piston that came with the car.

I wanted, investigated and learned about the '91 4.0 head swap would have been a simple and cool thing to do.  I did get a '91 header style exhaust mainfold NOS for $50, so that is good, but no budget for the $400 head.

Had the 304 w/36,000 miles in the corner of the garage and knew what was needed to drop in but no $$$ for the $300 cross member conversion, nor all the other brackets needed.

Had a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport w/4.0 and impressed w/modern day torque and performance which brought up the question about dropping that in the 82 Concord Wagon.

All in all it is to be a daily driver, with a 5 speed.  Would be really neat to pop the hood and see a Jeep valve cover and have that explain the extra torque and performance.  Or even better yet a V-8 filling the engine compartment!

THANKS for the information that was passed along and maybe someday I can upgrade.  I really did not want to start such a discussion that would go out of control.  It has been a L O N G time since something like this has taken place on list.  Whatever we have done has worked for us and we have learned from it.  Whatever we have learned we have shared and others will learn from it too.  But to say who's right by their experiences is not really the way we all should go.  So can we share our knowledge without the pressure to believe everything we expereinced.

I am not comfortable to share in this way, but since I started the thread that is getting turned into knots, I felt I had to share something.

Fogive me...,
Richard