[Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six

[Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six

What where these 93 blocks in?

Could you tell what caused the condition?

Covered with rust stains from blown antifreeze etc,?

I could Type OMG, too, but I'd prefer to hear about the actual facts surrounding this...

Every 4.0L failure I have seen has been caused by, lack of maintenance, overheat, or cracked head on 0331 heads when they first came out.

The junkyard is not the best place to determine what makes a bad engine.
That's kind of why we call them junkyards!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5

..

"I could Type OMG, too, but I'd prefer to hear about the actual facts surrounding this..."~m.price

*Honest ?

Didn't you just post previously:

"Block design? More worthless info for a daily driver."

"None of these engines has actual problems related from block design changes."~m.price

 :]

Here's the Dilly !Yo - it's a repeat it so read for Content this time:

The '91-'95 Blocks Flexed - because Chrysler had stripped out
casting material in the Mains & Wall bracing.

The Block Failures led to them installing a moos y Main Stud Girdle - and to their adding casting material right up to the final NVH blocks casting runs.

Don't worry Mark -

Your '91 is the First Year of Crap engine Blocks.

The Foundry Molds were Really Really Fresh.

Now...

What about that Turboing your '91 4.0 maybe plan you'd spoken about
previously ?

Ready to get Cracking ?

OH~~!

milnersXcoupe