[Amc-list] old King Distributor Machine. Help?

[Amc-list] old King Distributor Machine. Help?

I got a King Distributor machine Model D-9 (similar to Allen brand) at a swap meet super cheap but it's missing its distributor clamp.  Anyone tried to restore one of these yet?  I'm guessing it's from the fifties. The spinning part spins and the vacuum pump whirrs and I'm looking for more ways to test it.  It plugs into the wall but also has two D batteries taped together inside for some purpose?
The clamp fits on a broomstick size post and the other end holds the distributor.  Anyone have an extra fifty year old clamp?
Thanks
Mike in Los Angeles.