Re: [Amc-list] Rear End Swap

IF they're both sixes, and both the same leaf spring mount, should
drop in. Watch axle ratios -- to be safe take the speedo gear from the
donor too.

I think later 70's is when AMC switched over to "Iso Mount" but it's
pretty easy to ID. Non-iso's are a simple leaf spring with U-bolts.
The Isomount has rubber pads top and bottom and a slightly more
complex clamp system. They swap if you take all the parts as-is with
one exception: Iso-mount car leaf springs have a longer center bolt
(that locates the axle into the spring) that hits the axle tube.
Change it, or hacskaw it down.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM,  <Nolanatcamelot@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> A fellow club member has a 72 Hornet 2DR whose rear end makes one heck of a
> noise and an axle appears to be frozen in place. There is a 73 Hornet
> Sportabout available at the local Pick and Pull. Can someone tell me if the
> Sportabout rear end would fit, without adjustments, into the 72 Hornet ???
> Appreciate any and all help is appreciated.
>
> nolan dehner
> Nor Cal AMCs
> Windsor, Ca.
> **************Need a job? Find employment help in your area.