-------------
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:33:53 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wrambler <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>

What I wrestled with was getting a good all around tune out of a Clifford mounted without heat!

They are free standing aluminum and they run COLD! In HOT and I'm talking true hot weather the intake is ok.
But anything below about 70-80 degrees and the aluminum intake dissipates heat so fast the fuel drops out of the mix in normal driving! Not something you will want in your J10. You can tune it to run WOT and drive hard, but off idle tip in and normal cruise SUCKS. I tried everything I can or could think of.  I had stumbles, poor idle etc, It royally P.O'd me big time.

  If you are running a clifford or any other open plenum I would recomend you install heated water to it and have it run through the intake. Should make it much easier to get a good tune and be much more fun to drive!  What I wish I would have realized or looked for is that you can get 4bbl carb spacers that are heated! My intake was ancient so it did not have water provisions.
  Frank has it now. I don't think he is particulary in love with it either!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"