[Amc-list] off color engine, but making progress on casper

[Amc-list] off color engine, but making progress on casper

well, finally got casper back in the shop. its warming up, so can get some work done out there now. last fall, before it was too cold, got caspers motor pulled to clean up, and the left front fender off to weld up the rust holes. getting all the cross members and all painted gloss black, and all accesories gloss black also. heater, horns, ect. everything else will be gloss white.

when i washed the motor off, the color was a dark blue grey. kinda like later model new holland tractor chassis grey. i could not find any grey that matched anywhere near. and of course, could not find any amc blue. (the dude at the parts counter at first didnt have a clue what i was asking about when i asked if they could get it, then when he figured out "ooo AMC the car company" he couldnt find any... big suprise) so, i got "new ford grey". not as dark as i would like, but should show up oil leaks real easy for me. got a bunch of new gaskets and all to reseal the motor. 63,000 miles, and hardly ANY whear on bearings or anything. all looks brand new. and i know this motor has never been touched till i got it.

anyway, i think the valve cover, and a couple other parts on the engine may go gloss black also. just so its not so plane jane. i dunno yet. i got pics posted on my picasa web link below. anyone feel free to let me know your opinions on how it all looks so far and what you think in general.

sunday night just realized its already MARCH and its getting time to get her back on the road. still a little snow left here, almost all gone. almost time to drive her again.... YAY!!!!!

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules