[Amc-list] 4.0 JEEP Roller Camshaft

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Crane closes after 56 years

it belatedly occurs to me that the stillborn 4.0 roller cam project was
based on crane amc v8 lifters...  i don't recall who was going to make
the cam cores; not crane though.

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=105&hilit=Hyd+Roller+Cam

Early on I got Joe at Roto Faze recommended by Chase Knight [product
Mgr. @ CRANE CAMS] posted this to Strokers & they took off from there.

Joe had previously worked @ CRANE - later handling the 'Specials' that CRANE
wanted done. Great car guy to talk with.

The Strokers guys found that the AMC V8 Rollers worked - had to fab up a
link bar
that would allow inserting one lifter at a time > one end of the link would
have a 'U' shape 'fork' that slides over the pin mounted on the lifter body,
the other end would already be attached permanently to the other lifter
body pin.

Problem came getting the minimum order put together for Cam Cores.

Chase Knight told me CRANE could / would handle the final shaping & grinding
to any designated spec desired per cam.

I hope CRANE gets back on their feet & Chase is in the mix .

Check the Site:

www.roto-faze.com

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50