From: "Jesse" <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2009 5:05:23 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Amc-list] WHat year 258's get water intake? Real world advantage?

You know, most of my 6 cyl AMC's have been mainly Summer use cars and all have non-coolant intakes. I am geting ready to switch out the 258 in my J10 5 speed with an older 258, however, I will be using this for the remainder of the cold weather this year (in MO it can go either way!)

What year did AMC introduce the Coolant intake?  Is there that big a difference in warmup, or is that mainly for emissions?  (and potentially one more source of leaking!)

Of course, I may go ahead and put on the Clifford with 4 Bbl that I have making this moot, but I am have not made a final decision (I may also go with the MC 1.08 because I really like the way they run on the 258, but I think my mileage will improve with a similarly sized 4 Bbl.  )

I am going to be building a stroker 6 for this... maybe going with EFI later.

Too many good options out there!

Have a great week,

Jesse