From: "Sandwich Maker" <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:37:57 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Nashcan sixes

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" The Carter YF works like the one some of us are familiar with that
" was used on the L-head, but the big Nash six YF is a SIDE DRAFT carb!

graymarine 327s also used a pair of yf sidedrafts - 'yh' [horizontal]?
- fore and aft for a low profile, not such a smart idea as with the
typical engine tilt it was common for gas to dribble out of the aft
carb when choked and start fires.  years ago, a cow-orker of mine
picked up a good-sized twin cheap after such a fire; the offending
engine had been converted to a rambler intake and marine 4bbl and he
was looking for matching parts for the other engine.

iirc the corvair turbo used a horizontal yf too.