Re: [Amc-list] Nashcan sixes

Hey Larry,
  I noticed you listed NCCA, AMO & AMCRC in your signature. What about
NAMDRA, after all, you are the VP & Historian of NAMDRA!!!

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 14:58:41 -0800 "Larry R. Daum" <mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> RE: Nashcan sixes
>
> I've checked my reference books and the first time the 234 OHV
> Ambassador six shows up is 1934 and it was used until 1956 near as I
>
> can tell. There was a latter 252 version in the last couple years
> including a LeMans dual jet fire version using two carter YF
> carburetors. That was the engine used in the Nash Healey's with an
> aluminum version of the head. So, that particular engine was a 30's
>
> engine used up until Nash/AMC got a V-8 engine. It was there work
> horse engine for many years and good durable engine for many years.
>
> It was road raced with some success at LeMans but was no world
> beater.
>
> The 196 engine you are all more familiar with started out as the
> base
> flat head engine as a 172 CID engine in the 1941 Nash "600" latter
> called a Statesman. That engine went from 172 to 184 to 196 and then
>
> to an over head valve version last used in 1965. LRDaum
> mramc@ pahrump.com  NCCA # 1901, AMO # 279 , AMCRC # 517

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'09 AMC NATIONALS - Sep. 10-12. 2009 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766